Placement: Marketing and Business Development Coordinator
Company: Katie Craven Illustration
Student: Sophie Daniels, 3rd year BA (Hons) Advertising and Marketing Management student, Lancaster University
Katie Craven is a luxury lifestyle company which sells beautiful, luxury home wares and gifts designed by award winning designer Katie Craven, all hand-made in England.
Areas of business support –
- Market research on target market, buyer behaviours and potential opportunities
- Planning for forthcoming trade exhibitions and creating pre and post exhibition marketing plans
- Consultancy on project management of wholesale catalogues production
- Consultancy and planning for business development
- Online digital and content strategy planning and implementation
- Assistance in product promotion activity
“Working with Sophie has helped our business overcome the challenge of contacting stockists to trade with them and planning for our upcoming Pulse trade show. These both have greatly helped set up Katie Craven England have success with business to business growth.
The process was incredibly smooth, with Paul helping every step of the way. I would greatly recommend Lancaster University as a place to go for business support - working with Paul and UnitePlus has been incredibly beneficial”.
Katie Craven – Director, Katie Craven Illustration
Sophie's feedback - "During the last twelve weeks, we have been able to lay the groundwork for Katie's future development, I feel confident that Katie's business now has the tools and resources available to hit the ground running. I found it really rewarding to work so closely with Katie, it certainly developed my skills and benefited us both as individuals - I had only ever worked as part of a larger team so working on a one-to-one basis with somebody was an altogether different experience. I found working as part of the UnitePlus project valuable and useful".
Sophie Daniels, 3rd year BA (Hons) Advertising and Marketing Management student, Lancaster University
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE