Placement: Research and Development Assistant
Company: The Growing Club CIC
Student: Anamaria Tigan, BSc Psychology Graduate, Lancaster University
The Growing Club supports female led micro businesses, by delivering pre-start up, start up and business growth training programmes for women. They work directly with the grass roots social enterprise and qualify past activities and contacts to support further bid writing and funding applications.
Areas of business support –
- Market Research
- Data Gathering
- Customer Satisfaction surveys
Anamaria’s feedback – “It has been a truly valuable experience to conduct interviews for the Growing Club because I had the chance to meet these wonderful ladies. I was able to build on and put in practice my communication, listening, and analytical skills, invaluable in my career development.
This experience also brought great insight into my understanding of social change. It has done so by allowing me to witness and realise how the Growing Club empowered women from all professional and social backgrounds to believe in themselves and pursue their dreams.
To conclude, the current project has broadened my perspective and I am deeply grateful to have worked within such an ethical business training programme. I would have never known such programmes exist, had I not been given this opportunity; just as perhaps, many women attending the programme would have not pursued their dreams, without The Growing Club’s input.
Although it may not be directly related to what I decided to purse as a career, I am considering working towards the same goals, of empowering women. I hope and plan to collaborate with The Growing Club, somewhere down the line in my career development, as it has been a truly enriching and insightful experience.”
Anamaria Tigan- BSc Psychology Graduate, Lancaster University
Jane’s feedback- “UNITEplus found us a fantastic graduate to work with our social enterprise The Growing Club, to design and carry out our social impact research.
Anamaria was highly competent in survey design and analysis, as well as designing, managing, transcribing and analysing interviews with our participants.
We now have a social impact report for our work, which is an invaluable resource to share with funders and stakeholders.
Being a small organisation I cannot imagine how we would have had the time to do this without the input from UNITEplus.”
Jane Binnion- Founder and Managing Director, The Growing Club CIC
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE