Placement: Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Company: Creatives Going Pro
Student: James Young – 2nd year BA (Hons) English Language student, Lancaster University
Creatives Going Pro is involved in the marketing and selling of digital information products to artists and musicians. These consist of courses and instruction videos which are sold through an online portal. The company had a need for marketing knowledge and support in their social media activities to communicate the businesses and services.
Areas of business support –
- Market research
- Social media communication
- Database development
- Content and copy development
“We have just completed 140 hours of high quality work and interaction with our Unite Plus partnership student, James. He has worked one or two mornings a week in the office here and has worked in his own time (fitting in with his studies) to complete the hours. James has been a very bright, intelligent and helpful colleague and has brought a skill set to our online and social media marketing which has been invaluable.
For his part, he has learned to use both Google Ad Words and Facebook advertising. And crucially, has developed his marketing skills using these platforms. I know that it has been a rewarding experience for him to work here with a real business in the real-world.
The project has been managed and run efficiently from the start by Angela Hamilton from the Unite Plus team. The whole process, from recruitment to completion, has been a pleasure. The detailed guidance and good communication was invaluable in the setup and subsequently in the running of this project.
I would highly recommend the United Plus scheme to all businesses and students who are looking to expand their horizons and to explore additional skills. This symbiotic relationship between business and education has been a success for all concerned. Long may Unite Plus carry on in this way”
Robert Bee – Director, Creatives Going Pro
James’ feedback - "I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with Rob and being able to challenge myself with new software and skills that I would likely need to use in the future. To help create and set up marketing campaigns from scratch has tested my creativity and ability to help create a brand. Moreover, getting an opportunity to attend a one-day intense marketing course in Manchester was probably the highlight of my time, to be able to understand the principal concepts of building a business from a start-up phase and learn key skills that will be advantageous for me in my future”.
James Young, 2nd year BA (Hons) English Language student, Lancaster University
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE