Placement : Web Site Content Developer and SEO assistant
Company : Plastideck Ltd Composite Decking and Fence Suppliers
Student : Luke Brown. Third Year Student: MSci (Hons.) Computer Science with Design
Areas of business support
- content creation and the development of an article library from research
- Technical data sheet development
Plastideck Ltd contacted Lancaster University UNITEplus team for support in the above areas to assist in the growth of their customer base and establish composite decking as alternative to traditional wooden decking.Through a part time summer placement Luke Brown was recruited by Managing Director Paul Bennet to develop an extensive artical library and web content to promote new composite alternatives through features and benefits and bespoke/ customise ability options.
“In conclusion to the Unite project I'd just like to say how fantastic and supportive it has been to my business Plastideck Ltd, Luke has been outstanding and the outcome of collating supportive content for the website has been exceeded and we now have a library of 6 months work that we can release .
I truly believe that content driven marketing will result in additional business opportunities, our enquiries have lifted and we have received approximately 4 orders from the website over the last 6 weeks.
As we have discussed we are keeping Luke on going forward on a part time basis because of his outstanding work, for me one of the by-products of the project has to be that a small business can get access to undergraduate skill level and this is truly a great resource for any small company.”
Paul Bennett Managing Director
“I am grateful of the support from the university enabling me to complete a placement within a small business. Post-graduation, I would prefer to work in a smaller company, and this placement has given me valuable experience of that. I had never had any experience in a small business working environment before, and this placement has given me a taste of what it may be like to work in one.
I now feel I have knowledge of a number of options I can pursue post-graduation.”
Luke Brown School of Computing & Communications, InfoLab21, Lancaster University.
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE