Placement : Junior Digital Marketing Executive
Company : M4B Ltd.
Student : Leah Derbyshire - Graduate. English Literature 1st BA (Hons) Lancaster University
M4B Ltd is a growing CRM and marketing agency based in Lytham. The directors approached Lancaster University via the Boost Growth Program as they wished to recruit to and build their customer facing team. Finding the right graduate was important to the directors to develop skills.
The post was initially advertised as a part time placement to establish the role, leading to full time permanent position for the graduate in the company.
Main areas of business support - Graduate Recruitment
- Digital and social media marketing communications
- Systems reporting and management
- Customer account management
“We needed a way to scale up our staffing without increasing our overheads drastically and the UNITEPlus program allowed us to do this. With the help of the program Business Adviser working with the University’s Employment and Recruitment Service we were able to recruit a highly qualified graduate with a good foundation in the skills we needed.
The placement and recruitment process allowed us to take on Leah on a part time basis to start with, enabling us to structure the position, establish the need for the role and so allowed us to gradually prepare for taking on a new and much needed full time position.
……. The additional Business advisers support throughout the placement activities has helped us to progress with the recruitment role to support our challenging business growth demands.”
“ We are very happy to have Leah on board. Her strong background in English Literature and experience in marketing make her a good addition to the team. We are looking forward to Leah helping support and grow key accounts at M4B. ”
Alex Akew Director M4B - Marketing 4 Business
Leah who graduated from Lancaster University with a 1st class Honours Degree in English Literature explained:
"The Unite Plus programme's support has been invaluable throughout my recruitment and the five week placement at M4B and has provided me with a platform to learn and develop digital marketing skills. Consequently, I have now secured a full-time, permanent position as their Junior Digital Marketing Executive and am looking forward to progressing in this career path."
“…….. I am delighted to be working at M4B! I love the fast moving and creative nature of digital marketing and am really excited about working for a growing company I am looking forward to working with M4B’s clients and implementing some innovative concepts to drive further growth for them and contribute to M4B’s success. “
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE