Placement : Online Marketing Strategy Support
Company : Ikigai Factory Ltd
Student : Camille Hilditch 3rd year Marketing student from Lancaster University
Ikigai Factory Ltd is a young start-up that developed REVR virtual reality software. REVR is a creation, publishing and management tool for virtual reality content aimed at the real estate and tourism industry. The company contacted Lancaster University in search of support in market development and product promotion.
Areas of business support –
- Research and Digital Strategy development
- Market identification
- Creation of online communications and promotions
“We were put in contact with the UNITEplus programme. Our Adviser has been extremely helpful and always available to support us throughout the placement.
Thanks to UNITEplus we were able to take on Camille on a part-time basis, and her contribution during the 140 hours placement has been valuable. Her work on digital and social media increased our presence and it will, hopefully, result in additional business opportunities for the company. Having a student as support allowed us to concentrate on the development of the app.
We would have loved to offer Camille a role in the company but unfortunately, at the moment, our budget does not allow us to do it but we hope we will be able to so within a year time.”
Patrizia Carbone , Director. Ikigia Factory Ltd
Camille’s feedback “My UNITEPlus placement was brilliant and worthwhile.
The brief was to help to grow the start-up company ‘Ikigai Factory’ by conducting research into the VR market and the best ways they should target people online and offline. From the placement I learnt a lot of valuable marketing knowledge and business skills that I can use when I apply for jobs.
As I had to use Skype to communicate with Sebastian and Patrizia, it meant that I had to use different styles of communication in order to get work done. The opportunity to work with someone via Skype makes me feel more confident and prepared for the work environment. I believe the best outcome from working with the company is that I am now more flexible and well adapted to suit any type of work.
I would like to thank Unite Plus and Lancaster University for the help I have received throughout my placement. I would like to give special thanks to Angela Hamilton, the Project Manager from Unite Plus for her helpful guidance throughout my part-time job. She offered me great support and advice along the way. I would also like to thank Sebastien Combret, Patrizia Carbone and Kyaw Sein for giving me great direction and management.”
Camille Hilditch 3rd year Marketing student, Lancaster University
Benefits for businesses:
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Benefits for students:
- Work on a meaningful project relevant to your studies
- Able to make a real impact to the business you are working for, enabling you to demonstrate achievements to potential future employers
- Support throughout the recruitment process and placement
- Paid National Living Wage for up to 140 hours
Download the brochure HERE